DRAFT This is a draft proposal which has not yet been voted on by the committee.
Proposed by Alicia Mattson.
- Problem: Our Convention Rules call for a special procedure for announcing voting results for the Presidential ticket, for the first round of the LNC Chair election, and for the At-Large election. Under this procedure, the state chairs make a verbal announcement of the results from their state. This is a fun opportunity that makes for good TV during the Presidential nominations, but it does take up a lot of time. Once the TV cameras are off after our Presidential ticket is selected, in every convention in recent memory, delegates have chosen to suspend this rule for the LNC elections in order to save time.
- Solution: Eliminate the roll call vote announcements by state chairs for LNC elections.
Convention Special Rules of Order of the Libertarian Party
RULE 8: ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND NATIONAL COMMITTEE
Nominations for Party Officers shall be from the floor. The election shall be conducted in the following manner:
- For the first round of voting for Chair, an announcement of each delegation's vote total shall be made by delegation chairs in alphabetical order beginning with a randomly selected delegation. Subsequent announcements of each delegation's totals shall be made by the Secretary.
Nominations for the at-large members of the National Committee shall be from the floor. The election shall be conducted in the following manner:
- At this point, an announcement of each delegation's vote total shall be made by delegation chairs in alphabetical order beginning with a randomly selected delegation.
- added - blue, underline, italic