DRAFT This is a draft proposal which has not yet been voted on by the committee.
Proposed by Aaron Starr.
- Problem: It is not easy to become an elected Libertarian. Our Libertarian elected officials are important to our development as a successful political party. We need to do more to recognize and involve our elected officials, and acknowledge those state affiliates who are creating an environment that successfully elects Libertarians to office.
- Solution: Award delegate status to Libertarians who are serving in elected office.
- Benefits: This proposal will reward those affiliates who get Libertarians elected to office and encourage more elected Libertarians to attend our conventions and share their success stories. By learning more from these individuals first-hand we may encouragemore Libertarians to run successful campaigns in winnable races.
Bylaws of the Libertarian Party
ARTICLE 11: CONVENTIONS
Affiliate Party Delegate Entitlements:
Each affiliate party shall be entitled to send delegates to each Regular Convention on the following basis:
- One delegate for each 0.14 percent, or fraction thereof, of the total Party sustaining membership in that affiliate; provided that at least one such delegate must be a resident of that State or District.
- One delegate for each 0.35 percent, or fraction thereof, of the votes cast nationwide for the Libertarian Party candidate in the most recent presidential election, cast in that affiliate's state.
- added - blue, underline, italic