DRAFT This is a draft proposal which has not yet been voted on by the committee.
Proposed by Chuck Moulton.
- Problem: Our bylaws may be interpreted to prevent states from endorsing fusion candidates (candidates running with both a Libertarian Party ballot line and a Republican or Democrat ballot line).
- Solution: Clarify that endorsing fusion candidates is permitted.
- Benefits: Allows states to support a wider range of libertarian candidates where state election law facilitates this.
Bylaws of the Libertarian Party
ARTICLE 6: AFFILIATE PARTIES
- No affiliate party shall endorse any candidate who is a member of another party for public office in any partisan election unless state election law permits fusion candidates and the candidate has the Libertarian Party ballot line as well. No affiliate party shall take any action inconsistent with the Statement of Principles or these Bylaws.
- added - blue, underline, italic