DRAFT This is a draft proposal which has not yet been voted on by the committee.
Proposed by Adrien Monteleone and Dan Wiener.
Convention Special Rules of Order of the Libertarian Party
RULE 8: ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND NATIONAL COMMITTEE
Nominations for the at-large members of the National Committee shall be from the floor. The election shall be conducted in the following manner:
- Each delegate may cast up to five votes, but no more than one vote for any one candidate.
- Each delegation shall tabulate its total vote, and the delegation chair shall deliver a written total to the Secretary. When all delegations have submitted their votes, the Secretary shall declare the voting closed.
- At this point, an announcement of each delegation's vote total shall be made by delegation chairs in alphabetical order beginning with a randomly selected delegation.
- Those five candidates receiving the highest vote totals shall be declared elected. If a tie vote affecting the outcome of the election occurs, another ballot for the remaining offices shall be held with each delegate allowed to cast as many votes as there are offices to fill.
- Each delegate vote for each candidate by marking their approval of the candidate on a range from 0 to 100. A mark of "no-opinion" for that candidate shall not count as a vote and shall not affect the calculation of average approval.
- Each delegation shall tabulate its total approval and number of votes for each candidate. The number of votes for NOTA shall also be tabulated. The delegation chair shall deliver a written total to the Secretary, along with the ballots cast.
- When all delegations have submitted their votes, the Chair shall declare the voting closed. The candidates receiving the five highest average approval ratings shall be elected, after excluding any candidates who have not received at least half the votes as the candidate with the highest number of votes and more votes than NOTA. Tie votes affecting the outcome shall be decided by lot.
- added - blue, underline, italic